begin  quote
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:05:01 +0100
Stroller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was the previous posters' contention that -O2 would not be
> noticeably faster than -Os, but would produce larger binaries & take
> far longer to compile. It was Mr Kenworthy's emphasis in the statement

No, That should be -O3 to -O2 , -O3 will make very very large files,
and not as much improvement.

-O2 or -Os is very much depending on the application. For a Desktop, I'd
use -Os .. For media related libraries and prorams. -O2.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!