On Wednesday 22 October 2003 9:05 pm, Stroller wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2003, at 5:43 pm, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> As I posted within the last week, the laptop with which I am concerned
> is a PII 400 with only 64meg of RAM. More RAM for this proprietary
> form-factor sub-notebook might be argued to be prohibitively expensive,
> at $160 or so for 64meg. I think I'll probably have to bite the bullet,
> but I think that on this machine performance may be more noticeable
> than on most. Unfortunately compilations take far longer also. At
> present I am more interested in getting compilation to support
> prelinking, which I'm finding quite a confusing process, but since I
> have made several big recompiles in the last few days it would be nice
> to know that I'm using the optimal flags.
>
> Stroller.

Have you looked up your machine on the Crucial.com memory configurator page? I
can't imagine paying $160 for 512MB or even 1GB sticks of DDR, much less for
64MB of anything. You might luck out, and Crucial offers your type
"proprietary" memory drastically cheaper- I have done so in the past with
these types of boxes.

Robert Crawford