On Oct 22, 2003, at 7:11 pm, flacycads wrote:

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 9:05 pm, Stroller wrote:
On Oct 22, 2003, at 5:43 pm, Hall Stevenson wrote:

As I posted within the last week, the laptop with which I am concerned
is a PII 400 with only 64meg of RAM. More RAM for this proprietary
form-factor sub-notebook might be argued to be prohibitively expensive,
at $160 or so for 64meg...

Have you looked up your machine on the Crucial.com memory configurator page?

YES!

can't imagine paying $160 for 512MB or even 1GB sticks of DDR, much less for
64MB of anything. You might luck out, and Crucial offers your type
"proprietary"...

Crucial were, in this particular case, about as much use as a chocolate firewall. I am sure they're usually very good, but on this occasion their tech support staff were uninformed & told me about DIMMs when I had clearly stated that I required memory for a Vaio C1 Picturebook (and given the model number).

Stroller.