Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 04:08:59PM -0600, Dale wrote
>

>> Here is my question.  What are the permissions supposed to be?
>> I have it set to root:users right now.  It was set to root:uucp
>> which was not working.
>>

>   Did you try making your user a member of the "uucp" and "dip" groups?

Well, to be honest, I'm not even sure what uucp group is, dip either.  I
never heard of that one.  I get the tty one though.  It's the terminal.  LOL

I suspect something changed with the grouping and I just didn't know
it.  It was likely one of those messages in a compile that went by and I
didn't see it.  It may be for the better, mor secure or something, but I
just missed it.

Now that you mention it, I think I have to be a member of that group to
be able to fax too.  May give that a try.  May fix two things.

Thanks for the info.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967