> Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 17:23:11 +0200
> From: Mats Bengtsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Mats, [hello Lilyponders]

thanks for mentioning:

> I hope you all are aware of the excellent collection of free
> music maintained by Werner Icking, available at the
> GMD server, http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/scores/ [...]

Concerning the management it's a one-man show. But there are many
uploaders.

I hope I can manage it for some more years. The next problem will be
to split the ever growing sheet-music page. But I like to keep it compact
and so up to now it's only ONE page with a lot of links. But someone who
is able to download some MB PS-file should be able to download an
120 Kb index, too.

> I'm not sure that yet another initiative is the best
> solution, why not join sources with Werner?

I like that idea ;-)

And you can see from the statistics pointed at by http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/
that the page is already well-known. And there is no restriction what system
is used to typeset the music :-)

-- Werner