[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > I'm not sure that yet another initiative is the best
> > solution, why not join sources with Werner?
>
> I like that idea ;-)
>
> And you can see from the statistics pointed at by http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/
> that the page is already well-known. And there is no restriction what system
> is used to typeset the music :-)

Management could be split, web design could be enhanced. That all is
not a problem.

I fear there may be problems of an ideological nature.  The GMD
archive contains lots of scores without sources (eg., your cello
suites), and scores that require non-free software (eg., Beethoven
cantabile for Guitar).  To me, that is unacceptable, and I think I am
not alone.