Hi Boogie,

Firstly, I don't think Goa is bilingual. And if it was, I am sure Portuguese
would not be the other language, would it ?
But then, maybe we just have to wait until Eddie writes back claiming "Rua"
or "Avenida" are commonly used by Konkani speakers and therefore are now
Konkani words.

Secondly, I think the most appropriated thing to do in a bilingual city
would be to put both names one after the other like:

Queen Elizabeth Drive
Promenade Queen Elizabeth

But I guess someone would then argue why is English first and French after
and so on. So, I guess Canadians have chosen the easiest solution ... It is
funny though ...

Regards,
Paulo.