> This seems very dismissive of the many members of the community which
*did* invest the time and energy to discuss the design for the past years.
When the contracts design was announced in 2018
<https://blog.golang.org/go2draft>, the process was explained. Including
the fact that it is a draft, which will see several revisions, that this
process will likely take a couple of years and how we can participate in
it. Many of us have seen that announcement and understood it for what it
was and thus - even if (like me) they were opposed to the idea of generics
in Go - decided to participate in it to do their best to ensure the outcome
was a good design or a rejection.

That's absolutely up to you, but some of us (including myself) can't invest
so much time because we have to earn money for living.

> Not to point out the obvious, but you where the first person in this
thread to ask for a poll. And Ian has been pretty clear about the flaws of
that idea and that it's not how the Go project is run.

I didn't ask for the poll, I just stated that there was no poll, as simple
as that.