Hi Jonathan,

A full postmortem has been posted here:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/e9237fc7b0aa7df5#

The issues initially manifested as timeouts and API errors but we
switched into read-only mode (capability disabled exceptions) as we
prepared to switch over to other datacenters. Thanks again for your
patience during this outage and apologies as I know this has been a
serious problem for many.

Thank you,

Jeff