On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM, dfabulich <danfabul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff, is it normal/expected that when the datastore goes down the
> status page goes down too?  http://code.google.com/status/appengine
>
> And the appengine homepage?  http://appengine.google.com/

No this does not usually occur during an outage and we are taking steps to
make a simultaneous outage of the status site with the datastore even less
likely. However if for some reason the status site does become unavailable
during an outage you should still be able to receive updates through the
downtime notify discussion group.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-downtime-notify

Thank you,

Jeff