>>One option that we have--let the folks at Motorcycle Consumer News know
>>about it (right Jay?), and let the public humiliation factor embarass
>>Yamaha corportate into doing something about it...
>>Phil

I think this would be a big mistake as a first step. It will only piss
Yamaha off big time. We MUST give Yamaha the opportunity to quietly rectify
the situation without causing embarrassment. If they then don't respond,
then maybe...

>>That letter:  Didn't someone submit a pretty good one a couple months ago?
>>am sure I remember seeing one go by.
>>Let me know (off list) what I can do to help with the project Joe.  Kind
of
>>like attempting to rebuild the unit ourselves, we might as well try
something.
>>Kurt

Yes Kurt, I wrote a spiel about what the letter should basically say a while
back. Unfortunately I didn't keep it so I'll have to start from scratch
again. No-one out there has it by chance??? But I will write the letter just
as soon as I can. I'll post it for general consensus and comments before we
send it. Thanks for the offer of help. I'll let you know if there's
anything.

Cheers Joe.