Hi Joe:
      I bought a 1993 GTS this spring.  After testing the brakes on the
gravel neither the front or rear ABS would work.  I installed a very long
Stainless braided brake line on the front and it got rid of the mushy feel.
I left all the stock components in place except for the lines.  The rear is
still stock and very soft.  I will be eliminating it soon.  No, my warning
light never came on to tell me the system didn't work.
      I wish that I had the ABS just in case but the front brakes are so
exceptional that I can live without it.
             Thomas