On Friday 09 Nov 2012, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every now and then I think I may get a DVB tuner for my computer. Now that
> Hannington has been upgraded to HD I could even watch/record stuff in HD
> (in theory) on my computer - our TV is still ye olde CRT.
>
> The Hauppauge PCTV Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick HD is apparently supported
> in Linux on 3.0 Kernel and above. It's also not so expensive on Amazon and
> other online retailers.

Replying to my self here...

Thanks to everyone for their comments. My current PC is getting antiquated
I'll probably get a new quad-core box in the new year, so I wasn't expecting
to watch much HD until I had a new PC anyway.

I'm mostly relieved to hear that they do work - assuming you have good basic
reception. Thanks for the offers of loans but I'll probably just buy one
anyway, they aren't much on Amazon.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

To send one out of office message may be considered
unfortunate, but to send two looks like cluelessness.
    -- Simon Cozens