Hello Thane,

> BTW, on a seperate topic, what do the guys on the list who charge for
> disinfecting computers charge these days to disinfect a machine, and
> about how long is taking you?  I'm charging $47 and it takes about 24 hours.

I use a clean system to scan infected systems. "Yank drive" and go.

Takes me about 3 days to a week in real time. Actual time in front of
the system is around 3 hours. Depends on HDD speed, amount of data and
type of data (lots of archives suck). Charge no less then 100.

Check out others around you. Geek Squad charges around 200, IIRC.
My local ISP sends out tech support drones for 120. Not nearly as
thorough - sounds like they are 'recovery disk wizards' mainly.

--
Regards,
 joeuser - Still looking for the 'any' key...

"...now these points of data make a beautiful line..."