Enrico Migliore wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:

Enrico Migliore wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

The GNU/Classpath guys, for example, have defined a standard interface to underlying OS
and that's it. Therefore I don't think we really need the APR layer.

Well, perhaps some day, someone will just 'brake' and
instead of loosing hair decide simply to build a better
thing then GNU/Classpath is.

The only reason why it's still there is because no one
wrote something different, but the same thing applies
to the JVM thought.

Regards,
Mladen.

I wouldn't mind at all using a rock solid library like APR between the JVM and the OS.
The only problem I see here is: "performance, in terms of execution speed".

early optimization is the root to all evil, and I think it clearly applies here.

--
Stefano.