> Even if you got the code, it wouldn't do you any good if you're not a
coder.
> Even if you could just compile it, it's not like you could run it.
> I really don't see the big deal, but maybe I'm missing something.

You're missing all the people who *are* coders and have more than a
passive interest in valve. You're also missing all those same coders
that now have access to code *coughavocough* that they shouldn't.

> Putting identity codes in applications is what I'm planning on doing
for a project I'm working on.
> It didn't sound like a bad idea, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Does it kill you if your project is leaked? Why waste your time...

      Jeff 'Kuja' Katz
      Leader, Digital Paintball
      http://www.digitalpaintball.net