-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeffrey "botman"
Broome
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 4:21 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Portal

Ryan Sheffer wrote:
> Having the code to add the portal gun would be great, but me thinks Valve
> don't want us to make portal mods.

They don't distribute the source code to Counter-Strike, TFC, or Day of
Defeat, why would they distribute source code to Portal or TF2?

It would be nice to have details about the interface used to create
portals in the engine (the physics collision modifications and
viewport/rendering modifications) so that someone could create their own
"Portal-like" game.  I'm sure those are exposed from the engine in some
sort of API.  Having some sample code about how to use this would be
nice!  :)

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome