who the hell said they were releasing the portal source code with the SDK?

That was people on like hl2coders and stuff saying that.
It was not an official announcement of ANY kind that I'm aware of.

Infact, I remember reading posts about it, and I was thinkin to myself, "Boy
those people are surely going to be dissapointed."
-Tony

On Feb 3, 2008 9:45 PM, Ryan Sheffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Because I remember them saying they were going to include the Portal code
> with the SDK.
> I guess you missed that. ;)
>

> On Feb 2, 2008 1:21 PM, Jeffrey botman Broome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Ryan Sheffer wrote:
> > > --
> > > [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
> > > Having the code to add the portal gun would be great, but me thinks
> > Valve
> > > don't want us to make portal mods.
> >
> > They don't distribute the source code to Counter-Strike, TFC, or Day of
> > Defeat, why would they distribute source code to Portal or TF2?
> >
> > It would be nice to have details about the interface used to create
> > portals in the engine (the physics collision modifications and
> > viewport/rendering modifications) so that someone could create their own
> > "Portal-like" game.  I'm sure those are exposed from the engine in some
> > sort of API.  Having some sample code about how to use this would be
> > nice!  :)
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey "botman" Broome

> ~Ryan