Hell I'm on Summer Holidays, I'll give this a go, although it does
mean I'd have to do texture support which I'm not so great at. But GCF
support is possible via Nemesis' HLlib.

All replies in this topic bring up good points in the Source Engine,
heres my 2 pence:
I don't agree with the fact Source doesn't have good physics.
Source should move to DAE.
StudioMDL and HLMV should be open-source, leave P4 integration in, we
only need the code / snippets from it.

There's probably more but I can't be bothered replying.

Thanks,
-Saul.

On 24 Jul 2009, at 00:17, Harry Jeffery
<harry101jeff...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> If it's all made nice and modular and supports either dll or python
> plugins I think it would work great.
>
> Nothing there that should be too hard to re-implement.
>
> 2009/7/24 Matt Hoffman <lord.matt.hoff...@gmail.com>:
>> Because...
>>
>> Hell that's a good point. The VMF document format isn't exactly
>> hard to
>> understand. The compile tools are all plugged-in.
>>
>> Only thing you would have issues with (I'd Imagine): Loading from
>> the GCFS
>> quickly, and efficiently. Though I imagine Jed would have a
>> solution there.
>> Displacements could also be an issue.
>>
>> I'd imagine it's possible.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Harry Jeffery <
>> harry101jeff...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Update SDK and make it uber leet as per suggestions.
>>> 2. Distribute SDK (not on valvetime please)
>>> 3. Studios pay for license
>>> 4. More mods become commercially viable (e.g. GMod)