Has anyone encountered the following crash in the engine.dll ?

CColorMeshData *CModelRender::FindOrCreateStaticPropColorData(
ModelInstanceHandle_t handle )
{
    Assert( modelloader->IsLoaded( instance.m_pModel ) && (
instance.m_pModel->type == mod_studio ) );
    studiohwdata_t *pStudioHWData = g_pMDLCache->GetHardwareData(
instance.m_pModel->studio );

It is happening to me constantly whenever i change resolutions on a
certain level. It only happens on some of my levels and I can't seem to
find the cause of it. I thought it had something to do with the number
of static props but I ended up removing all static props from my level
and it still gives me the same crash. Anyone have any experience with
this crash?