From: Dan E <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:02:14 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Feature request: sv_serverdomain

Regardless of whether or not it is possible, it is probably better for an admin
to specify what domain would be preferred for a backup on that server.  I know
I use a nice home connection for my server (30mbit/5mbit), but if I ever lost
power for long enough to lose my DHCP lease, I would be screwed.  All of my
userbase would not know where the server went with your model, because they
would have the domain that my ISP assigned to me (some dynamic crap specific to
my IP address).  If I could specify the domain, I could use my own domain to
point to the correct IP.  Much simpler in the long run.

-Mike- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: That's actually trivial to implement with
standard BIND.  I suggest you pick up an O'Reilly book and RTFM before you're
quick to shoot down a good idea.

-Mike-
~~~~
-Mike- is: Biker ~ Slacker ~ Iconoclast ~ Eclectic Thinker