yeah i think that is it thank you... i remoted to the box and just
looked at the console.. while ut3/cod4 no running they are at max 66 but
when i launch the ut or cod they all shoot up to almost 200..lol.

now i know this is a noob question.. but i have not set the tickrate on
the command line to 66.. this is the same thing yeah?

also in the mean time till i can reboot the instances..just changing the
server.cfg and adding fps_max will change it on map change?