I might've spoken a bit too soon on this - the servers do still get up
into the high nineties CPU usage and stay there for a while - it seems
like after they've been running for a while their overall CPU usage
drifted back up to about the same as before the patch. This might be
the first ever case of "CPU Leaks" :-/ The server also still incurs
minor memory leaks, which seem to be about the same since before the
patch.

I run two 32x linux servers that are nearly always full and
occasionally empty out at night. Here are some pretty graphs:

http://www.nephyrin.net/NemuCPU.png

Shows Load Average. On thursday it was lower despite both servers
being full (???). The big spike today is the patch. The servers were
both *instantly full* after the patch (among the first online) and
have been *constantly full* since, yet the CPU usage over the past
three hours has drifted up to pre-patch levels...
http://nephyrin.net/NemuMem.png

Memory Usage over a longer period - note that i went from one to two
servers on tuesday, so the memory leaks have actually remained about
the same as before.

If anyone from Valve wants a login to my stats system let me know. It
has tons and tons of pretty graphs dating to back when the server
started.

- Neph