Yeah I kind of feel like an outright ban for the spawn timing thing is
slightly overkill. But, at the same time, this policy has been in place
long enough to where you would think there aren't any Admins/Owners who
aren't aware of it. That seems to make it more of a foul in my opinion.

What I'm really against are the servers who benefit from Quickplay by
utilizing Fake Clients that trick the system in to thinking humans are
actually playing. SteamIDs, Avatars, Pings, the works. This is the kind of
offense that should have a no tolerance policy.

Most other settings, I feel, should be fair game (I know it's not that way,
and while it isn't, servers should adhere) but I am with Olsen in that the
community will dictate what they want to play. I think Valve just doesn't
want players to get the wrong idea by joining some server with instant
respawns, etc. But does it really matter? They're already being throw in to
Saxton Hale servers and the like. I think it's about time to relax those
policies and let the community decide what they like to play.