There has been servers before these adds came an "issue". This change was not aimed against any of us, but the people who set up servers to drain quickplay traffic do get advertisements showing. Correct me if i'm wrong but these advertisement abusers can still open window to the background and display adds there & refresh.

So, Valve doesn't want to get in the middle and not give advantage to the people who do this, so they disable motd adds from quickplay users, leaving these plugins that open that crap to background in the game and driving off some people that run servers.

So now only servers that do not participate in quickplay can benefit from advertisements on the motd and servers that participate in quickplay can benefit from that adds crap in background window. Who was the real winner here? No one.

-ics

Doctor McKay kirjoitti:
Nobody forces you to go on servers that have ads. I fail to understand how the fact that some servers might use advertisements affects you personally when you can easily ignore them.

Dr. McKay
www.doctormckay.com <http://www.doctormckay.com>