I agree, as long as there is some time for things to get back to the norm
then life might be good. A bit of worry, Valve should have given out a
heads up if they wanted people to get stuff hosting. I'm a little worried
this means they may go back on the plans here and re-implement quickplay.
Reddit is making me sad honestly, I'm trying not to let it get to me.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Christian Deacon <gamem...@gflclan.com>
wrote:

> I will admit, there are many servers out there players consider "bad" due
> to them being filled with MOTD Ads, pay-to-win, etc. Players need to
> realize the update was just released four hours ago. I believe community
> servers just need time. Time for good community servers to outrun bad
> community servers.
>

> In the end, I hope Valve continues to let community servers take in
> population. At least for a month or so to see how it goes (instead of
> instantly reverting the change). I guess we'll find out more after the
> maintenance event.
>

> P.S. I re-posted this on the mailing list since the original e-mail is
> waiting for approval (e-mail body was "too large"). Who knows how long it
> would take for the message to be approved. I apologize if this gets
> submitted twice.
>

> Thanks.

*Matthew (Rowedahelicon) Robinson*
Web Designer / Artist / Writer