Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 03:53:32PM -0700, james woodyatt wrote:
> The protocols we are developing here in HOMENET are for the tiny
> minority of people who prefer to build their own home networks instead

In that case, we're wasting effort.  "The tiny minority" can just take
an OpenWRT box, install what they need on it, and run it whichever way
they want it.  No need for HNCP, these folks can install and configure
OSPF or ISIS if they want that, set up real DNS zones, etc.

The beauty of the HOMENET suite is "plug together a number of boxes
from different ISPs and vendors and it automatically leads to a nice
multihomed and network robust against failure or mis-plugging of
cables".

"The tiny minority" does not need that, the large majority does.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279