> I find the model of "there is a CPE, and behind that CPE, I connect
> another router to get homenet functionality" a bit unsatisfactory.

I think there are two possible deployment models.

1. The « My Friendly ISP » model

Every ISP-provided CPE participates in HNCP.  Each ISP has access to all
the information flooded into the Homenet, including information about
External Links announced by other ISPs.

2. The « My Home, my Castle » model

HNCP ends at the Edge Home Router (EHR).  The CPE is outside the Homenet,
and the link between the CPE and the EHR is treated as External (untrusted)
by HNCP.  Information between the CPE and the Homenet is communicated over
non-Homenet protocols such as DHCPv6-PD.  The CPE has no topology
information about the Homenet, and doesn't even know that the Homenet is
connected to multiple CPEs.

Note that the « My Home, my Castle » model is more general, since it can
implement the « My Friendly ISP » model by co-locating the EHR and the
CPE.  I don't think the opposite is true -- once you've leaked HNCP data
to the ISP, there's no way to unleak it.

-- Juliusz