On 26 Oct 2017, at 14:39, Gert Doering wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:32:44AM -0700, james woodyatt wrote:
Accordingly, I strongly recommend that HOMENET dispense with the "My
Friendly ISP" model with extreme prejudice, and adopt what I shall call
the "HOMENET Castle Doctrine" as a matter of working group policy.

I claim that this is a sure way to kill homenet from being ever deployed.

"Normal" People just don't buy a second router for their ISP link if they
already have one, or a 3rd and 4th one if they happen to have two ISP
links.

True, but a fair number of folks have just a L2 CPE like a cable modem device and provide their own router, as I do on Comcast cable.

So, what do we think a future home network for normal people is going to
look like?

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279