Hi Michael,

Let me try to explain it …, just for clarity, because that belongs to v6ops.

I started to work in an update of the original RFC7084
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc7084-bis/), in order to
include support for the newer transition mechanism. In the last Chicago
meeting, it was adopted as a WG item.

Then I got the suggestion to include also HNCP support, and I did, and worked
out a couple of versions of that document.

However, in Prague, there was a push-back, and the WG basically decided that I
should not continue that way, and instead I should have a new document “only”
for the transition mechanism and not include explicit support for HNCP and run
that thru homenet.

So, I worked out
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-rfc7084-bis-transition/.

I personally believe it is a missing opportunity to get the “default” IPv6 CPE
that is typically provided by the ISP having HNCP support.

So, what I’m suggesting to Homenet is to have an explicit document for ISPs
that still want to have RFC7084+transition+HNCP, to be able to reference in the
RFQs to those 3 documents.

Regards,
Jordi