They are already finding this out - at least some of them are. And the prices are starting to go up accordingly.

Dave Weiner
Brass Arts Unlimited

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Thu, 1 May 2008 1:58 pm
Subject: [Hornlist] Chinese instruments

Speaking of Chinese made horns, Kit wrote: "A couple of years in the future when the manufacturers learn what they're doing, these instruments may start to
become quite acceptable."

I agree. I'm one who's actually optimistic about the future of Chinese
instruments. I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" stamped on a product meant it was junk. But now "Made in Japan" means top of the line for many products. I believe the Chinese instrument makers will eventually find that making better quality products is not only more satisfying, but also more
profitable than making junk.

Valerie PollyAnna Wells