From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 12:59 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Chinese instruments

Speaking of Chinese made horns, Kit wrote: "A couple of years in the future
when the manufacturers learn what they're doing, these instruments may start
to become quite acceptable."

I agree. I'm one who's actually optimistic about the future of Chinese
instruments. I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" stamped on a
product meant it was junk. But now "Made in Japan" means top of the line for
many products.  I believe the Chinese instrument makers will eventually find
that making better quality products is not only more satisfying, but also
more profitable than making junk.

Valerie PollyAnna Wells