John-

No offense intended, but that is a rather myopic view on the subject and quite
biggoted against the Chinese to boot.

In general, it is Westerners behind the counterfeit products coming out of
China.  The Chinese get paid the same to do their work regardless of what name
gets stamped on the final product or whose product theirs visually imitates.

There are typically two (gross generalizations follow) types of products coming
from China - those designed and manufactured by the Chinese and then sold to
Westerners  and rebranded for their own purposes (such as entry-level pro audio
gear - eg. KEL microphones and SM Pro Audio gear) and then gear which is
designed and labeled by Western companies and then manufactered by the Chinese.
 This is often where the trouble comes in - such as again in the case of pro
audio Behringer - a company world renowned for ripping off others' designs and
having cheaper, poor quality versions made by the Chinese for little money and
even less quality.  (However, on the flip side of the coin, some companies have
outsourced to China with great results - such as Quad Loudspeakers and Mojave
Audio.)

In this case, I would comfortably assume that the Chinese companies are simply
being told "build this horn to this specification" and then some western
company (the one that is responsible for the design and sale to Westerners)
slaps a similar appearing name and serial number on it.

This is so common in the European and American marketplace, it's not even funny.

I recently had an opportunity to speak via e-mail with a person who was
inadvertently behind the creation (or build that is) of a fake/fraudulent
replica of the venerable Shure SM57 microphone.  He was not aware of the
original 57 and since he doesn't have access to many Western websites, he
wasn't aware that he was creating a fraud copy.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,
Jeremy