On September 28, 2010 11:47:37 am T. Modes wrote:
> Hi Oskar,
>
> > My computer is running XP Professional SP2,   Intel Core2 Duo P8600,
> > 2.4GHz
> >
> > Before adding that to the list of non-supported CPUs, shoudnt that
> > generation have the SSE2?
>
> have you installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
> Package (x86)?
> This is necessary to run the openmp version (as stated in the README)

it's definitely not lack of SSE2 support with an Intel Core2 Duo.  Obviously I
have been away from Windows for too long and did not know about the MSVC
redistributable.

I have updated the first FAQ [0].

I have an issue with your "fixes" to the second FAQ [1], Thomas.

First of all, you have made it completely Windows-centric.  The choices exist
also for other platform.  For example the most current build for Debian /
Ubuntu has enblend-mp and enfuse-mp (for the OpenMP support).

Second, you made the assumption that everybody build always with GPU.  Maybe
that's how you built your binaries, which I understand are on the SF download
page.  But --enable-gpu-support=CHECK/yes/no ist still a build-time option and
so the category with/without GPU support is a relevant one.

Please fix
Yuv

[0]
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#Enblend:_The_system_cannot_execute_the_specified_command
[1] http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#Enblend-
Enfuse_OpenMP_SSE_GPU:_which_one_is_the_right_one_for_me.3F