Hi Oskar,

On September 30, 2010 04:03:35 am Oskar Sander wrote:
> I must admitt i am not the best in class reading READMEs.Installing that
> runtime library fixed my enblend problem.

what is Microsoft's license about distributing the runtime?  If I was
building/distributing an installer with an enblend binary, I would either
bunde the runtime inside the installer or detect its presence and download it
at install time.

> Anyway,  the open mp wersion use the dual cores better i suppose, right?
> Looking at the trends for the future, it seems like the Moores law for cpu
> power will continue to apply, however now by adding multiples of cores
> instead of just add sheer speed to each core.  So, processes that can split
> the task may be the ones that prevail.  GPUs will probably also continue to
> increase capacity, but to me it does not seem to be as a generic solution,
> right?

the GPU vs. CPU choice is more complex than that.  If speed is your concern,
update to the latest video card graphics and run a quick timed test with and
without `--gpu`

Yuv