Hi!

I must admitt i am not the best in class reading READMEs.Installing that
runtime library fixed my enblend problem.

However, I had the same problem with *both *enblend_openmp.exe  and
enblend.exe

So it seems like there is a dependency (wrong?) also with the ordinary
enblend version?

Anyway,  the open mp wersion use the dual cores better i suppose, right?
Looking at the trends for the future, it seems like the Moores law for cpu
power will continue to apply, however now by adding multiples of cores
instead of just add sheer speed to each core.  So, processes that can split
the task may be the ones that prevail.  GPUs will probably also continue to
increase capacity, but to me it does not seem to be as a generic solution,
right?

Cheers
/O

2010/9/28 T. Modes <thomas.mo...@gmx.de>

> Hi Oskar,
>

> > My computer is running XP Professional SP2,   Intel Core2 Duo P8600,
> 2.4GHz
> >
> > Before adding that to the list of non-supported CPUs, shoudnt that
> > generation have the SSE2?
> >
> have you installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
> Package (x86)?
> This is necessary to run the openmp version (as stated in the README)
>
> Thomas

/O