On Mon 04-Oct-2010 at 02:39 -0700, JeCh wrote:
Since we are already in RC state, there are some things which should
be fixed IMHO before releasing the final version. I believe those only
concern the Windows version.

1) Autopano-SIFT-C (not the multirow/stacked version) doesn't work. It
creates only a few control points and those are completely wrong. Can
someone else confirm this?

autopano-sift-c isn't part of Hugin. It sounds like you have a snapshot of autopano-sift-c, the only version we can recommend is the 2.5.1 release.

2) Many problems with HDR (not panoramic) images.
  a) The images get incorrectly aligned (although the control points
are OK).

I'm not sure, can you provide an example project?

  b) Strong distortion of images when using the "straighten" function
in preview.

Yes the straighten function has always failed with non-panoramic scenes (i.e. it doesn't work unless there is a spread of yaw values). This has been the same for the last few releases, it isn't going to change soon unless somebody gets annoyed enough to fix it.

  c) The problem mentioned here:
http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/43c002b01166c7b5/8341f47694c4e61f

I tried your test photos, but they are 5EV apart. There is basically no exposure overlap between the photos, I don't see how you could construct usable HDR data from this (exposure fusion is ok though).

3) Hugin can't process images stored in path with non ASCII
characters. Usually the problem appears when running Nona. First I
thought it can be fixed by using a different encoding of .tmp files.
But that didn't help. So I tried to convert the path to the short
(DOS) names and that fixed the problem. The same problem appears if I
try to use Autopano-SIFT-C multirow.

I'm guessing you are using Windows with a Russian codepage? Hugin works fine with non-ascii characters on OS X, Windows and Linux, but apparently not on Windows with Russian/Czech character sets. This has been a known problem for a long time, but is impossible to fix without a developer who has this particular combination.

The entire system for running external programs has been rewritten in the current trunk/default branch. So hopefully this problem is already fixed there, but it won't be possible to backport these major changes to the 2010.2 branch (we would very much like you to test this new code if you can).

So aside from the HDR issues, these are all problems that have existed in past releases.

--
Bruno