John Eells wrote:
Mark Jacobs wrote:
On 02/09/10 06:41, Michael W. Moss wrote:
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/8/897/ENUS210-008/ENUS210-
008.PDF

<snip>

I noticed that it [z/OS V1.12 - JRE] requires a z9 or z10 processor.

Aaaaargh!  (Not exactly what I wanted to say but this is a family forum.)

OK, let's all stay calm.  Please watch this space.

The editors set a new speed record for updating an announcement. The corrected text is now on the web, and now reads:

Key prerequisites

z/OS V1.12 is planned to run on these IBM System z® servers:

    * z10™ EC
    * z10 BC
    * z9™ EC
    * z9 BC
    * z990*
    * z890*
    * z900*
    * z800*

* These products are withdrawn from marketing.

For a complete description of z/OS V1.12 software prerequisites, refer to z/OS V1R12 Planning for Installation (GA22-7504), when available.

So, net: No ALS.  R12 is planned to support the same servers that R11 did.

We're still trying to figure out what happened. Sorry if anyone had a bad moment!

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing