John Eells pisze:
John Eells wrote:
Mark Jacobs wrote:
On 02/09/10 06:41, Michael W. Moss wrote:
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/8/897/ENUS210-008/ENUS210-
008.PDF

<snip>

I noticed that it [z/OS V1.12 - JRE] requires a z9 or z10 processor.

Aaaaargh!  (Not exactly what I wanted to say but this is a family forum.)

OK, let's all stay calm.  Please watch this space.

The editors set a new speed record for updating an announcement. The corrected text is now on the web, and now reads:

Key prerequisites

z/OS V1.12 is planned to run on these IBM System z® servers:

    * z10™ EC
    * z10 BC
    * z9™ EC
    * z9 BC
    * z990*
    * z890*
    * z900*
    * z800*

* These products are withdrawn from marketing.

For a complete description of z/OS V1.12 software prerequisites, refer to z/OS V1R12 Planning for Installation (GA22-7504), when available.

So, net: No ALS.  R12 is planned to support the same servers that R11 did.

We're still trying to figure out what happened. Sorry if anyone had a bad moment!

I think some criminal prosecution should be started - who earned fortune on second hand market <vbg>
I wish I would buy some "small" 2084-D32.
(btw: the price for D32 is similar to monthly rate for HW maintenance of z9)

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 118.763.528 zotych. W zwizku z realizacj warunkowego
podwyszenia kapitau zakadowego, na podstawie uchway XXI WZ z dnia 16 marca
2008r., oraz uchway XVI NWZ z dnia 27 padziernika 2008r., moe ulec
podwyszeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z. Akcje w podwyszonym kapitale zakadowym
BRE Banku SA bd w caoci opacone.