<generalization> It's a sad reality that many application programmers have
little interest in technology.  For them, programming is merely a unpleasant
job that they have to endure until they are promoted higher up the ladder to
become analysts or managers.  My advice to any sysprog who wants to promote
a new tool or technique is to ignore those people.  Instead, find the
programmers who actually enjoy programming and engage them.  They're easy to
find; they're the ones who do most of the work.
</generalization>