I remember that we had a "cheat" in MVT. We had an RYO tp monitor. Somebody,
before my time, made a mod to GETMAIN so that a request for a ODD sized REGION
would get the storage from the high end of free storage. We ran the tp monitor
with an ODD region size so that it always "ran high" and so did not get in the
way of batch regions. This place, Braniff Airways, actually ran MVT without
HASP because "HASP cost too much in resource". Very strange place to work. Job
"sysout" was always directed to tape. Then the operators had a tape to print
STC which could do forward and backward spacing via the console.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell