Edward Jaffe wrote:

<begin snippet>
It has been asserted that TSO is the only z/OS application environment
in 2011 (soon 2012) that can't handle that fundamental requirement.
I'm trying to discover if that's a true statement.
</end snippet>

I know of no other, and no one has posted another example here.  I
strongly suspect, therefore, that there is none.

Viewed more generally, however, such propositions are problematic, as
I am sure EJ knows.  They are variants of universal negatives, e.g.,

o There are no black swans

o All men are mortal

that allow of a single exception, e.g.,

Stygius here is a black swan, but there are no others.

They are easy to refute by the production of a single counter-example
but impossible to establish in general.  In this case, qualified
slightly to make it

o TSO is the only important z/OS MVS subsystem . . .

a strong Bayesian argument that it is true is available.

I should bet that it is true, particularly since the availability of
the weasel word 'important' would provide me with a way to deal with
any inconvenient counter-example that was produced later.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA