On Feb 5, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 02/04/2008
   at 11:18 PM, Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

I am a little skeptical about this seeing as how the PC world
doesn't  to be really interested in this issue.

There are several major issues that the PC world doesn't seem to be
interested in. A failure to appreciate security problems until the balloon
goes up would be par for the course.

Personally if they really wanted it GONE they should send it in a
rocket to the sun and let it vaporized already erased data.

There are less expensive ways to vaporise a drive.

Shmuel:

Of course there are. But as long as there is a person left on earth there would be attempt(s) to devaporize (I know there is no such word) but if Star Trek can materialize someone and dematerialize someone there would be attempts to get the data back .. somehow. The sun (or maybe better a blackhole) is practically the only way to put a stop to that. I was really not serious when I said the sun but just as there are always been ladies of the evening there is some one waiting to use them. There will always be some attempt to get back a vaporized (anything) if its valuable enough was my point, obviously I did not make it well enough.

Ed