On Feb 11, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Patrick O'Keefe wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:20:06 +0000, Ted MacNEIL
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If the installation has a fair amount of mods to the OS then increase
the number of sysprogs. How many well it depends on the complexity
of the mods and other things.

I hope you mean exits!

Unfortuantely, mods are not dead.  Nor does "mods" have to mean
USERMODs.  :-(  We have libraries concatenated in front of
SYS1.LINKLIST and SYS1.LPALIB.  Containing modules with aliases
like ICEGENER, IEBCOPY, IEBGENER, IEBUPDTE, IEHPROGM,
IGWSPZAP, and IMASPZAP.

That's one module.  It's primary function is to reserve datasets
under some circumstances.  A secondary function is to produce
0C4 abends under other circumstances.

Hopefully we are an extreme case - alone in the world.   But I
wouldn't take bets on it.   If you are an old enough shop to
have closets that could contain skeletons, they probably *do*
contain skeletons.  And this is not the sort of thing you want
to find after you've laid off a bunch of "unneeded" system
programmers.

Pat O'Keefe

Chuckle.

  Yes who needs sysprogs when you have windows.

Ed