The situation is even more ironic with Java architects / designers (with active
endorsement from IBM) - they WON'T USE database features at all because it
conflicts with OOP design principles. From what I have seen they reduce DB2
to an index file server with transactions and logging. I guess all
those "enhancements" are meant only for bragging rights vis a vis Oracle.
Mohammad

<snip>