Except for C:\Windows and the Program files directory, I don't think I keep
anything where Microsoft wants me to.  I like to keep everything that isn't the
vanilla MS system on other drives and I create links to them so that I can
reinstall when I want and just redo the links.

But then I also update the registry manually as well, so maybe I'm a bad
example.

Brian