I'd disagree with the assertion that you no longer need an internal DNS;
there's still value to having the ability to not go out on the wire, and
also to periodically lie to various things about the real setup for a
subset of the environment. Remember, you're attaching network segments
with the Linux stuff, and it's real handy to cache stuff in common for
them.

The antique CMS implementation is a royal PITA to do this with, however.

> Having said that, would there be torches and pitchforks awaiting us at
the
> next conference if we chose to remove the VM DNS server from the suite
of
> supported apps?  (No plans...just a Grinchy idea.)

Ditch the DB/2-requiring abomination. I'll create a small Linux
appliance for the folks that need a real DNS server for VM systems.