On Wednesday, 06/13/2007 at 10:18 MST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> We have success of sorts. The link can now recover from the socket
errors it
> experiences approximately every 20 minutes when it is not kept busy. The
MVS
> folks are questioning why these timeouts occur. I see the same time-outs
on a
> VM to VM link. The network people tell me that MVS is getting
a?getpeername?
> socket error.
>
> Is this something that is normal? If not, how do I fix it?

The 20 minute timeout is likely because of your keepalive interval.  Try
changing it to SENDGARBAGE FALSE.  Some IP implementations aren't happy
with ill-formed TCP packets and z/OS or an intervening firewall may well
believe it to be an attack of some sort and close the connection.

Packet traces are, of course, de rigeur to solve such problems.