We have a little rexx exec we run in the morning to check the VM guests,
It is divided up between system ID's and the layer 2 and layer 3 linux
guests.

Small example:

'MSG' '*' 'CKUSERID STARTING   '    /* CKUSERID STARTING             */
'MSG' '*' 'SYSTEM IDS          '    /* SYSTEM IDS                    */
'Q   ' 'DISKACNT                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'DTCVSW1                 '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'DTCVSW2                 '   /*                               */
'MSG' '*' 'LAYER 2 GUEST IDS   '    /* GUEST  IDS                    */
'Q   ' 'NMDTOR04                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'NMDPOR02                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'TDCPNT01                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'TDCPNT02                '   /*                               */
'MSG' '*' 'LAYER 3 GUEST IDS   '    /* GUEST  IDS                    */
'Q   ' 'DFNORRUL                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'DFNORSTG                '   /*                               */
'Q   ' 'DFNORSTO                '   /*                               */

 Russell Gendreau