A naming convention is probably the simplest way to ensure you get
everything..   LNXxxxxx or what have you.   Anything else is just guessing
when it comes down to it, when talking about checking dynamically.  You can
use PIPE CP Q N | SPLIT AT /,/ | STRIP | FIND LNX| count lines|cons    if
you happen to use LNX as the prefix...

Or keep a table - which in the end you need one in one form or another (even
if a list of CP XAUTOLOG statements in AUTOLOG2 PROFILE EXEC).   What do you
use to ensure the Linux guests are running when VM IPLs?   Whatever it is,
it is probably a good basis for counting how many are supposed to be
running.

Scott

p.s.  PIPE CP Q SIGNALS | DROP FIRST 2 | COUNT LINES | CONS --  can be
pretty accurate in a pinch depending on what else uses signals.